Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A poem for the Valentines season!

Digigran complained that there were too many lists and not enough poems. So here's a topical poem wot I just wrote.

Hope you Like it.


Valentines Day

I’m thinking of my Valentine
It’s that time of year
I’m thinking of my Valentine
I’m thinking of a spear

Or should it be a teddy
The type that she could wear
Or would she be more comfortable
With a fluffy teddy bear

Or a floppy dog with ears
And a great big wet wet nose
A great big box o chocolates
Or a luverly red red rose

I’m thinking of my Valentine
I think she’s thinking ice
Great big stonking diamonds
I’m thinking of the price

I’m thinking of my Valentine
I’m thinking of the food
At the expensive restaurant
I hope it’s not to rude

To point out to my Valentine
The prices al la carte
That lobsters, crabs and oysters
And Frenchy Apple Tarte

Will spoil our little Valentines
When we get the bill
I don’t want my darling Valentine
To see me being ill

So just thinking of my Valentine
I vote that we stay in
It just a cynical marketing ploy
And I’ve just forgot my PIN

So I’m thinking of my Valentine
I’m such a caring man
I’m thinking of my Valentine
Isn’t that a plan?

2 comments:

Digigran said...

Don't think it will work somehow- we women gosoppy on the 14th but we do need something quite substantial to impress.
Thanks for poem though- loved it
Lot's better than lists.

gemmak said...

Fab....made me laugh out loud...I'm impressed ....but gimme the 'ice' and not the excuses! heh.