Monday, May 23, 2005

Batonned

I was sent this 'Baton' by Gemmak, I believe that the protocol is to do it and pass it on so here goes.


The total volume of music files on my computer. 0 gigs nil, none, nada! Ask me how many gigs on my Archos mp3 player then you'll have an answer...



The last CD I bought was. Witney Houstons Greatest Hits double CD. Not that I am a great witney fan but as you will guess from the post below, it was our wedding anniversary and my wife needed presents.

Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me, in no particular order.
Hmmm 5 is quite a small number when you're in your 50's and have heard such a lot of music...

1. Suzanne by Leonard Cohen, a number of reasons, apart from being a very beautiful song, it reminds me of a 'lost love' named Sue, we met shortly after she was married and I was newly single, wrong place, wrong time...maybe in another life.

2. Sail Away With Me by David Grey which sort of reflects how I felt for a number of years

3. Christy Moore, The Voyage another beautiful song about how I feel about my family

4. The First Time Ever I saw your Face by Ewan McColl, a song written by Ewan McColl for his wife Peggy Seeger, another beautiful song.

5. Queen Bitch by David Bowie, because of his music always being in my ears.

and 6. Nanci Griffiths simply because she plays wonderful music i recommend the album The Dust Bowl Symphony (listen here) as I play it all the time and for home grown talent (to stretch the link) Juliet Turner Burn the Black Coat (Listen here).

Which 5 people are you passing this baton to and why?

Mike Da Hat cos as a musio he should have some good tunes
Ian to check out his probably esoteric choices
Gordon DiOxide - Why Not?
Watski - and again why not, it'll pass a minute...
a beer sort of girl to get an american point of view

1 comment:

SJ said...

I just posted this Rob! Someone else tagged me before I got your tag, but the questions are up for you to read - and nothing esoteric! I knew I should have included The Smurfs in there somewhere...!