Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Feminism - Its not my fault!

Do you know that there is one thing worse than a feminist and that’s a feminist academic! They walk around places like this as if they know it all and the world not only owes them a living, but all we males have to fit into this perverted world view of theirs or else they are going to walk around for the rest of their lives with their lips pursed like dogs bottoms!

Now, as you know, from many of my earlier posts, I am a caring sharing sort of guy, in the eighties I would have been called a ‘new man’. None of this laddish sexism for me, I’m a sociologist for Christ’s sake, I know all there is to know about sexism and feminism and all that boll…er malarkey.

I can cook and clean and always put the seat down after I go to the loo, I don’t know why, because if that is the protocol why don’t women put it up, after they have been? But I do, it seems to maintain some sort of balance in the universe as we know it.

When we get a DVD to watch of an evening, although my eyes always stray to the covers with Arnie, or Vin or Bruce on the front, probably running away from some tremendous explosion that they have caused, I always concur to my wife and sit and try to stay awake through some ‘romantic comedy’ or stuff like it that claims to be entertainment, and I never complain, even this is not a complaint, really, honest!

I understand feminism, probably more than the average girl on the street, I know of its theoretical importance and depth, it’s just that often the theory does not seem to work in practice. Tell me if I’m wrong. Basically feminist theories basic premise is that patriarchy has fucked the world up for women. Patriarchy being (if you are the average girl on the street) the organisation of the world by men for the benefit of men.

But let’s get this straight patriarchy as a way of organising the world was around before the Bible was written, so it’s pretty old, and get this, feminist academics, I WAS NOT BORN THEN SO ITS NOT MY FAULT. Yes I know using capitals is tantamount to shouting (another patriarchal trait no doubt designed to subjugate women). But really come on, just because you can’t be arsed to do something, it’s not my fault.

Ok this is the nub of this blog. I have been asked to do something by some one, a female, who is a feminist academic, she feels that despite the fact that I am busy, I still have to run around doing all the menial work needed for this task. When I don’t because I am busy n(and a Doc by the way) and the task in hand is her project and she should set it up so I can do my job, I get shitty emails from her.

Now really, I honestly don’t care whether a woman is a feminist or not, I can cope with their gypsy clothing, their hairy legs and the smell but I will not be put on by someone with a huge chip on their shoulder because, through no fault of their own they happened to be born a girl.

Here is a message from our sponser – LIFE IS TOUGH whether you be a man or a woman, I can’t think of one break I have been given just because I am a man, really I can’t. No doubt the feminist whisper would be ‘Har see you just take it for granted, the world is set up for men, so the benefits are invisible, woven into the comfy weft of the fabric of life, you just sit pretty while us women…’
While you women what? I never saw any the women I’ve been involved with complaining that I HAD to go to work in a factory six days a week, to keep them. I never saw many women queuing up for those jobs. I think I would like to spend some time at home not working, looking after the children. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to stay at home looking after my daughter, I have suggested it lots of times, when her mum spends hours moaning at me about how dull her life is. Life is only dull dear because you never get out and do something.

Lets just look at some statistics about the lives of men and women ( I know they are American statistics but American feminists are even worse that the British variety:

American women live, on average, seven years longer than men.
They control 86 % of all personal wealth [PARADE Magazine, May 27, 1990],
They make up 55% of current college graduates.
Women cast 54% of the votes in Presidential elections, so they can hardly claim to be left out of the political decision-making process!
They win almost automatically in child custody disputes.
Women suffer only 6% of the work-related fatalities (the other 94% are suffered by men).
Women are the victim of only about 35% of violent crimes, and only about 25% of all murders, yet because of our society's exaggerated concern and respect for them, special legislation has been passed to punish "violence against women" as if it were a more heinous crime than "violence against men".
Two out of every three dollars spent on health care is spent on women, and even if you don't count pregnancy-related care, women still receive more medical care than men
Of the 25 worst jobs, as ranked by the Jobs Related Almanac based on a combination of salary, stress, security, and physical demands, 24 of them are predominantly, if not almost entirely, male, which might explain why men commit over 80% of all suicides.

Yes so get real, I am fed up by being pursued by the thought police where every little nuance of one’s speech and actions are checked out, if we did that we’d be charged with being overbearing and dominating. All I want to check out ARE THE TITS AND ARSES (ooops sorry a touch of tourette’s there)

Anyway all we need is a great big melting pot big enough big enough for the world and all we got…

Yes why are these women so angry, I don’t believe that its anything to do with patriarchy, or the way the world is organised, I think its pure laziness and the need to pass the buck, to find an easy target, someone to blame for these peoples own shortcomings…

Live and let live is my motto, I really am not anti women, anti feminism, as I say the theoretical approach is important but get real girls….

No comments: