Thursday, October 06, 2005

National Poetry Day - Liminal Lives

Posted by Picasa A Liminal Life in Lvov photographed by me this summer. Posted by Picasa



Its National Poetry Day here in the UK so I thought I would write a poem. My inspiration came from Dr Joolz's Blog. and what she wrote yesterday about liminal spaces.

Liminal Lives

How ordinary is ordinary?
Not special underlined
When standing on the threshold
See how our lives entwine

The mundane bought into focus
Comminalities are sought
Aesthetic functionality
Is found but never bought

The habitually ritual
That dessicates our lives
That routinised mundanaity
Of the me, not me derives

A liminal perspective
A way of seeing not
The places and the phases
That's generally forgot

Then out there on the margins
When we are in-between
The O so falsly obvious
Is O so clearly seen

No comments: