Friday, June 17, 2005

news from the BB House

Well things do not seem to be going well for me in the BB house. It seems, according to one blogger that I am 'Stalin incarnate' although what he/she means by that I am totally unsure, But nevertheless both myself and Mr Hair are racking up the votes to be evicted. Why Mr. Hair is racking the votes up I'm not sure either. Maybe it is as he fears because he is the first on the list.

The core of the anti Dr. Rob votes, it seems, is the 'Fear and Loathing' post that I posted. Well I thought it was funny and I thought it was satire and humerous. Obviously I was wrong, perhaps someone other than Trotskys Ghost can enlighten me? I actually thought that the idea behind the post was sound, to offer an overview of the house as the eviction elections kicked in by spoofing Hunter Thompsons rant about the 2005 presidential Elections in the US. Good satire yes? or No?

I also thought that the idea behind Big Blogger was great and that it would give us bloggers a forum to have a lot of fun. And its has been, but it seems that the quietest of bloggers are not attracting any eviction votes, so the key seems to be not blog and win. That seems an anathema to me, as I thought Big Blogger was about blogging, so I took the baton and ran with it. Maybe I blogged too much and alienated people but you know, the competition is about blogging, about writing, there is no other way to take part apart from writing, so I wrote.

Whats the point of just blogging a few lines every few days in a competition about blogging, I am sure the audience would be bored and soon not bother to come back as that seems to be a rule about blogging, if you don't regularly post them people will not come back to read you.

Apart from that I have found the Big Blogger experience, totally addictive, I can hardly go ten minues with out checking to see what the comments are or what someone else has posted. It has been a hoot and I hope that somehow, I stay in the house, but the public vote is the public vote, unless BB changes the rules - again! And I guess I'll be out on Sunday.

I hope you too have enjoyed it and I do send a huge round of applause to BB and LB for coming up with the idea and continuing to set tasks etc. And to the core of fellow bloggers in the house who have had the mettle to blog and not stay silent. Its fun.

No comments: