Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The End of the World

I’ve been thinking about cancelling my life insurance, my house contents insurance, my car insurance, not paying any more bills, exceeding the limits on my credit cards and flying off to some place hot where the women don’t wear much and the drinks are cheap and I don’t mean the local nightclub.

Why’s that you ask?

Well you don’t need a degree in Estate Agency just to state the bleeding obvious do you? It’s the End of the World isn’t it?

Yep my friends please assume the crash position, place your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye. You only have to look at the evidence.

First and foremost has to be the Tsunami in the Indian Ocean. This is major evidence that we are all on our way out. The earth is cracking up (please don’t panic, form an orderly queue and make your own way to the local cemetery) some of the islands in that area have moved 20 or so meters from where they were three weeks ago. In a months time we’ll find them off the coast of Cornwall or somewhere and Cornwall’ll be lodged against Coney Island (wherever that is)

Plus it’s snowing in California for the first time since prunes where invented, whereas it’s not yet snowed in Ukraine for the first time in 40 years. Add that to the wave of floods and stuff we’ve been experiencing here in the UK and I’m convinced that the End is Nigh. All I need now is to see one of those little old men in a sandwich board with that gloomy message written across it and I’ll be certain!

Look it’s true, it’s in the bible isn’t it?

Someone, probably John (a gobby apostle by all reports) asked ‘How will we know of the end times’ and Jesus said:

“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth." (Lk. 21: 25-26).

All I am waiting for now is maybe a plague of locusts or for the sky to rain frogs and toads – maybe blood. I expect to see, any moment, careering around the corner by Argos, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Death, Plague, Hunger and Jason.
Jason’s the Horseman of Dyslexia - he thought he was signing up for the Argonaut but got it a bit mixed with Apocalypse! But you watch soon we’ll all be starving and singing Ring a Rosie again but not being able to spell it or write it down and then just being dead.

What I can’t stand though is those Born Again Christians marching around with that smug look on their faces, knowing that ‘come the day’ they will all be ‘raptured’ off to go and sit on Gods right hand. This is where all the Christians will rise above us and float off - like shall we say cork and leave the rest of us to flap about in Hell. That’s Christian values for you isn’t it just when we need em most they all rise above it all and ignore all us sinners, who I might add, are meant to be saved by that cowardly lot.

I thought at first that global warming would be quite a good thing. I mean the UK could do with a summer now and again and the winters are always so damp and dismal. We need it to be a little warmer here, so we don’t have to spend three months of the year getting mouldy and having sniffy colds sneezing over each other. But it seems the alternative is worse. I mean spending eternity in Hell after the End of the World, we’ll all be wishing for a bit of a chill and a sniffy cold – unless that’s what Hell is really like.

And what about all the Hindu’s after the End of the World’ where will they be re-incarnated to? I mean it’s gonna be a bit of a shock to be reincarnated and there’s nothing there. I’m sure thought that Krishna will have some plan. He’ll have had a bit of a chat with God and Buddha I suppose and they will have sorted it all out between them.

Anyway I’ll be packing my kit tonight. Surfboard for the waves, sugar for the horses of the Apocalypse and a nice Golden Fleece for Jason. I’ve even found this website that’ll give me some tips for the rapture, so it might be alright. If California slips into the Ocean sometime between now and tomorrow morning can someone please give me a call I’ll need to wax my board!

Surfs up dudes…..











5 comments:

gemmak said...

Lol....I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry after that! Excellent.....if a little too true! :o)

Anonymous said...

cancelling my life insurance, my house contents insurance, my car insurance, not paying any more bills, exceeding the limits on my credit cards and flying off to some place hotHey my neighbour did that - I've never seen him since! LOL

Peeved Michelle said...

I am sitting in my office in Santa Monica, California, a mere two miles from the ocean and it is clear and sunny like nothing ever happened. We're too laid back here to endure that sort of weather for too long. Though, to be fair, there are parts of California, even Southern California (!) where it snows regularly. I don't really know where those parts are, but I have heard of them.

kink_gurl said...

You're just the doctor I need!!! Hehe The end of the world's near my place. Just a couple of islands away from here and the tsunami could've been knocking at my doorstep.

Oh well.. life does go on. And I'm still paying my life insurance.

This entry reminds me of one Neil Gaimann ebook I still haven't finished. I even forgot the title. Ahh yess... I think it was "Good Omens".

John Hamre said...

The Bible also says:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God - having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
2 Timothy 3:1-5

Now since none of those things have happened yet (at least not in North Dakota) I don’t think we have anything to fear about it being the “end days” just yet.

So keep watching TV, enjoy a beer or two each night, have a good romp with a disreputable women, and love your wife until it no longer suits your fancy and then divorce her. You should be fine to do what you want for quite some time yet.

Sincerely,
Lucifer