Thursday, February 10, 2005

Another Tragic Love Story - where's the Republican Party when you need them?


PLEASE a REPULICAN Party PLEASE Posted by Hello

I know it is Valentines and all but puuurleese Charlie what a stunt to pull. After all my hard work bigging up Valentines day and women you have to go and do this. I am making a plea.

Will somebody in this country please start up a republican party that's serious about things. I know we had one once but its not on the web anymore so they probably all died of boredom, I mean Cromwell had some good ideas but he sort of lost it and of course there's the French Revolution, the guillotine seems quite a good idea at the time and got the job done albeit a little messily. The Soviets just shot their aristocracy and then went about their business in quite a workmanlike way. Obviously we can't do that nowadays what with the police and everything. (this is my get out of jail on a treason charge clause)

I don't want to advocate violence (see last sentence above) not this close to Valentines day but plurleese some one save me from this tedious, boring, uninteresting, costly (to the taxpayers), neverending, embarrassing, ugly, etc etc parade of doggy do do I can't go on I'm weak with nausea. ( I can say that because its a democracy, so far, so nah nah nah nah to MI5 if you're reading this)

Viva La Revoluthion (shout in a Spanish/south American accent please)



5 comments:

SJ said...

As someone who now lives in a country that has a chance of becoming a Republic, I have been campaigning heavily for it for years. I even waved my crusty loaf at the Queen when I saw her here in 2000. What a day that was...!

Anonymous said...

As someone living slightly to the left of Australia where sheep are plentiful and sometimes nervous, I find the republican idea romantic, but fraught with practical difficulty. Our small nation is currently trying to use up a supply of government-produced stamps featuring a generously be-horned ewe and her two wee lambs .This anatomical faux pas would not have occurred had we stuck to pictures of the Queen.

mc said...

As a national of the country where the guillotine was invented, I have to add that it was meant as a more humane way to execute people and it wasn't that messy. Really.

A bit off the mark here, but nevermind.

Cattiva said...

What? Camilla's not glamorous enough for you? :) I was wondering what you thought of the wedding news. Of course it was all over our newscasts this weekend.

Just how much is this going to cost the taxpayers anyway?

gemmak said...

You mean you don't find Camilla a stunning woman?? ;o)