Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hello and welcome to my surgery

Hello I'm Dr. Rob and my surgery is now open for business. I warn you now that I am a quack of the worst sort and an imposter. I can of course give you help and advice but given that my Doctorate is in Sociology it may well be that the advice I give is not the sort one requires. So maybe you'll want to just pop that top back on and lets settle down to this new experience of Blogging.

I will freely admit that this is my third attempt to get on the airwaves as it were, to punish the world of geeks and internet nerds ( I am sorry but I am not sure of the correct technical terms for you people) with my purile and witless thoughts. Yes I say witless because, of course, just because I have a PhD that doesn't make me intelligent at all. I am sure the following posts will testify to that only too clearly.

Let me just mention that the reasons for doing a Phd are often myriad, but for my friend he wanted to become Doc Martin for obvious reasons and I wanted to become Dr. Robert notably because there is a Beatles record of that name

'Ring my friend I said you'd call Dr. Robert,Day or night he'll be there anytime at all Dr. Robert'


and there is a rock star similarly named. So there, good reasons or what?

My surgery then is a small office, I say office, it once used to house the photocopier and a filing cabinet, looking out over the campus of a university in Sunny Devon, I know you can guess where I am (hint look at my email address).

I have been looking at a few blogs over these few weeks and particularly like Watski's World and Zen and the art of Guitar Maintenence and as mentioned above attempted twice to get off the ground myself. But I think this is it.

So here goes, lets get diagnosing or at least sorting out the zeitgeist


2 comments:

TIMMY! said...

i like Watski's World too. of course, I feel some anger developing without a mention of my blog. lol

Watski said...

Thanks for the mention, I'm still not used to this recommendation protocol though, and of course I read Timmy too.

I thought Dr Robert used to be the lead singer of the Blow Monkeys, this guy I dont recognise at all.