Friday, May 05, 2006

Expensive driving - cheap diesel

Recently I was driving about this fair country of ours, zooming up and down the motorway as one does. No I really do try to not use the motorway services if at all possible, but there are times, when you know the bladder isn’t going to make it home, or when it comes right down to it you are just hungry and you need something to eat.

So it was that I used the Moto Services in Reading, I used the facilities and decided that I was hungrey and didn’t really want to eat another sandwich. So I went to look at the hotplate, maybe they had a baked potato or something. The time was about 8 o’clock in the evening – they were selling breakfast! And that’s all!

Since when has the ‘all day breakfast’ become the staple diet in this country? Why can’t a large company like Moto provide some sort of decent food for travellers. I know it was tempting fate, because the last time I visited this particular Moto, I was faced with the same problem, then they only had fish and chips on offer, no other food, nothing for vegetarians, well here at least I could have had, should I have wanted a grease laden plate the veggie breakfast! No thanks.

So it was back to the ubiquitous sandwich, I am getting sick of cheese ploughman’s!

The other thing about the motoway services that I noticed was that the diesel was now over £1 a litre!

My solution is hereYou know it makes sense!

No comments: