Thursday, March 29, 2012

Garden meditation

The tadpoles in the garden
Are turning into frogs
The sun is shining
It’s too hot for dogs
The fruit trees are blooming
The country it is parched
Who could believe it?
It’s still only March

The sky is a deep blue
They’re swimming in the sea
People wearing shorts
And sipping cream tea
The weather is delightful
The sunshine is so hot
I gotta put a hat on
Before I lose the plot

It’s hotter than Venice
It’s hotter than Spain
The headlines in the papers
Make that plain
It’s hotter than Greece
It’s hotter than Rome
Who needs a holiday?
When you can stay at home

So I’m sitting in my garden
I’m watching bees buzz
I’m listening to the flowers grow
The dog just does
The fruit trees are blooming
Pink petals in the sun
I’m doing nothing
Just listening to the hum

Ommmmmmmmmm………



No comments: