Thursday, March 31, 2005

My wife - the thief!

My wife is a thief! Yes a tealeaf. It doesn’t bear thinking about. The shame and the dishonour that will soon be upon our collective family heads – shame spread all over us like a collapsing tent at Glastonbury - it will probably be too much to bear. We’ll be hounded out of the City.

It’s getting so I can’t even take her out. Every where we go is a potential crime spree for her. I don’t know what to do. I’m at the end of my tether. The trouble is she ropes me into getting her ill gotten gains.

Take last weekend for instance, there we where enjoying a nice day out, the sun was shining and the next thing I notice is that’s she’s slunk off and is filling her bag with swag! In the middle of the day, in broad daylight – this woman has no shame. Now I know what the government is going on about when it keeps complaining and blaming all of the problems of this country on these Eastern European migrants who are, it appears, according to some govt spokesperson, ripping us off blind.

It must be something genetic or cultural, in their blood, like people from Liverpool! This crime gene that she has just started to display, O yes, she was the picture of honesty and good behaviour before I married her, now look, I’m married to the Ukrainian equivalent of Bonnie Parker - Bonniski Parkerski but I’m no Clydeski let me tell you that! Oh no a picture of honesty me!

We can’t go for a simple walk without her being tooled up and ready for an easy blag. I tell you no ones garden and flowers are sacrosanct when she’s on the prowl. I’ve mentioned that last week we went to the Eden Project which is an oasis of rare and protected plants and trees, as well as loads of common or garden varieties. She took two plastic carriers and a knife with her! Fortunately there were loads of people around so not much got into her bags, but the shame of it all, I even found myself pinching off a leaf from a trailing geranium for her in the Californian area! And I hate geraniums, they have a horrible smell!

Then there was the time when I was doing an exhibition at a stately home, not a million miles away from Plymouth, and she decided to come with me on the Sunday as it was a nice day and this place was by the sea. I thought that it was a bit strange that I didn’t see much of her that day, but I must admit I was busy and she popped up now and again for tea and cakes etc. It wasn’t until we were leaving that I noticed the two very large and bulging carrier bags that she was carrying.

What are those? I said in an accusing tone?
‘O just a few plants, a few cuttings’ she says
I eyed the earthy covered roots hanging out of the bottom of the bag where it was splitting and I walked a little faster to the car and we hurried away.

I know there is one of those apocryphal stories going around about the Eastern European guys catching and eating the Carp out of their local council’s ornamental ponds as they thought they were free but my wife sees the local council’s floral displays as her own personal local garden centre and flower nursery! It can’t go on.

She’s terrible – but saying that our garden is a picture!

4 comments:

Rob Burton said...

I think I deleted a comment By GOD because I had posted this blog twice and deleted one of them. So sorry God, heres what HE wrote:

This is a classic case of fantasy reaching out to the real world. Your wife has an underlying dream of being arrested, held in hand cuffs, and being subjected to sinful and lust filled things. This is a common tact used by the enemy to confuse the female mind and make things unbearable to man. I should know. I taught him everything he knows. But there is hope for you and your wife’s unquenchable fantasies. You already have My sanction and approval to do all of those things to her on your own. Enjoy yourselves! Have a good shag (is that what you islanders call it?) and be the “enforcement officer” that she wants to have arrest her in her new garden of joy.
So say The I am.

here's his blog address
http://thelordalmighty.blogspot.com/

Go visit, ask HIM a question

Rob Burton said...

To comment on the above, its a bit spooky because my wife actually did have a dream last night about the police coming into our home and arresting her - really I am not joking or spoofing, she says she was in handcuffs and was asking for her husband and lawyer.

You really are the LORD indeed!

mc said...

Yes, my grandma used to do that. we had to lose her one day.

gemmak said...

Lmao....this sounds like my mother!