Thursday, July 12, 2012

Factory Working


A factory worker I'm proud to be
Working class? Yes that's me
Work with me hands and with my brain
I do my bit I've no complaints

I've no complaints, although it's true
If I sit and think I've got a few
Me wages, well they are quite low
It's hard to know where the money goes

The hours are long and breaks are few
The work is dirty and noisy too
It affects me health, but I don't go sick
Cos I don't get paid and that's the trick

But there's overtime, I can do a lot
It gives me wages a healthy shot
But me wife and kids they have a moan
I'm always here, never at home

I'm a union man but I'm not political
I'll say me piece and I'll be critical
But my vote goes to them that helps me
I bought me house so I'll vote Tory

Now David Cameron he ain’t done badly
He thinks of us - the Big Society
So I ain’t no damn Labour bellyacher
I know we’re all in this together

Like I said I'm a working man
I'm proud of it and I'm sure I can
Get another job when the factory shuts
They say it's because of economic cuts…

No comments: