Thursday, November 11, 2004

Crossdressing? Is it Pants?

Today I have been thinking about becoming a cross dresser. Not going the whole hog you understand but just parts of me and no make up. Well perhaps a little eyeliner that was de rigueur for the ‘pretty things’ in the late 1970’s as we trooped off to see Ziggy Stardust, as a bit of a homage.

Why you might ask do I want to cross dress? Well lets get this straight, it’s nothing to do with any deep down perviness I might feel (and to all my CD readers the word perviness is used for humorous reasons only, you’re not pervy honest!) or the need to get in touch with my feminine side but as a result of my sad collection of pants. (For American readers read underwear not trousers)

It came to me this morning as I was hunting in my pant drawers dragging out pair after pair of tired old greying holey stretched trunks that what I really wanted was a much sexier choice. Something that would give my day a bit of a zing. I mean, you always hear women saying:

‘It gives me a real thrill knowing that under my severe grey work suit I have on really sexy undies, it makes me feel sexy all day’.

Well I want to feel sexy all day too! Why not, why can’t we men have a range of undies we can wear as the occasion fits? Sexy when we need to be and a bit more severe but comfortable when doing some rugged manly thing like out hunting bears (fortunately we have no bears in England so I would just be stuck with the sexy ones!), a bit like Bridget Jones’ Big Knickers.

I know people will write back in their thousands and tell me ‘but Dr. Rob you can buy silky satiny pants for men’. Yes I know but they usually have some crass advertising on them like Homer Simpson, or the Union Jack, or Hearts so you can wear them to bed after your missus has bought you them for Christmas and then in the New Year they are lost for ever – accidentally of course. And don’t get me going on posing pouches either.


When one browses around Marks and Spencers for example the women’s undie section is a veritable forest of silk and satin, lace, colour, shiny stuff which takes a good 30 minutes of browsing (more if the wife’s not with you) before the selection is made. Compare this to the men’s pant section, what choice to we have? Briefs, Boxers or Trunks in black, grey and white and god forbid paisley! (Never buy white pants - major faux pas there, and who wears Paisley pattern pants, own up now!) All in tidy boring packages of 3 or 5. There is no time to stop and stare in the men’s pants department; there are only two choices, style and quantity.

I think I would personally draw a line at a thong, there’s something not quite right about having a piece of material up your bum crack all day (it’s not a nice image I know) but maybe some slinky hipsters, or high cut panties made for ‘The Real Man’. I think there is a bit of a niche market here and some one could make a lot of money, so this idea is copyright right!

So actually I’m not taking about cross-dressing at all (phew!) what I am making a plea for is a range of men’s pants that add a bit of a sparkle to our life, that don’t make one grimace as one searches through the pant drawer glancing enviously at the avalanche of silk, satin and lace pouring from the wife’s drawer as she searches for big knickers because, for her it’s not a work day. Something to make us feel sexy in the office, something that as we shift and shuffle around on our office seats sends a little shiver of expectation run up our spines. Plus you girls could then join in with the Thong Snooker games as you walked past building sites and holes in the road, it would give ‘builders bum’ a whole new meaning.

In the mean time, it’s the wife’s pants for me from now on. Don’t tell her hey!

9 comments:

Cyberesque said...

I remember there used to be a company selling men's lingerie, frilly stuff, satin stuff etc, but for the life of me I can't remember what the company was called! Shame, it sounds like it would have been right up your street!
Cyberesque

Mick Flynn Images said...

"It gives me a real thrill knowing that under my severe grey work suit I have on really sexy undies, it makes me feel sexy all day."

You know women who say that?

BTW thanks for the reply about Iraq on my blog comments ....I answered you in the same section.

Watski said...

Pants are pants. Surely.

Why, is my main question. Why pants? What purpose do they fulfill.

Why would women feel sexy wearing something that nobody sees? I don't feel sexy wearing my socks. Unless it's that pair.

Don't go there Rob, you may find something you dont want to find.

So many questions..

gemmak said...

Lol.I have yet to find a man who needs special pants to feel sexy all day!

Oh...and on the 'thong thing', I posted on that recently, glad to hear a guy say 'no way' :o)

http://jmw500.blogspot.com/2004/10/knickers.html#comments

Cindy-Lou said...

I think it's because most men would prefer comfort over style. There probably isn't a big market out there for sexy men's underpants. Plus, I think I would be a little non-plussed if I was getting hot and heavy with a guy, removed his pants and found him in lacy underwear!

Lou Lou said...

nice snug black or white calvins trunks of course.
nothing like it grrrrrr
maybe you could market these new manpants yourself?

Mike Da Hat said...

How about those with the big grey flaps at the side and a pouch to put your member in. Elephant pants. And no pink frilly knickers do not make a guy feel sexy. I know that for a fact.

Cattiva said...

HAHAHA! At least you are honest.

Perhaps a new side profession for you Doc? Male Sexy Pants Designer. It would look interesting on a business card.

mc said...

Hurrah, the end of grandad pants! (the male equivalent of granny knickers, of course.) Yes, style AND comfort can be achieved. On the other hand, from what a good friend told me, silky pants are a problem since they give him a constant erection. But there are some nifty classy numbers out there. Forget Marks and Spensive, though.