Sunday, January 02, 2005

Christmas Groundhog Day

You might laugh dear readers but I am in hell - HELL I tell you. The last of your turkey might well be simmering away in the curry sauce, the satsumas rotting in the fruit bowl but I am married to a Ukrainian and their Christmas is on January the 7th. I HAVE TO DO CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!!!! in 5 Days time!!!. I don't think I can be festive for that long. I hope the tree can!

But I've put my foot down so no shopping at 5 am this time, no turkey and no presents. I have already had to forcibly force my wife away from the sales and explain the concept of sales i.e. NO not EVERYTHING is on sale! (she was a communist once but how quickly they forget and some sort of female bargain hunt programming takes over!)

No we are going to have a quiet Russian christmas not even as much vodka as was drunk on Christmas eve when our russian friends visited! (Thank God we've finished the mother-in-laws moonshine vodka!) Maybe a bowl of Borsch and some pickled gerkins!

So to all the Russians out there Snovom Godom!

And to the rest Happy New Year and normal service will be resumed when I'm back at work and can blog in peace!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 yummy dinners and lots of vodka? I wanna be Ukranian.

SJ said...

So you're not russian to get the festivities over with then...?

Cattiva said...

I can understand the "no present" and no big elaborate dinner thing, but no vodka? How do you say "Bah Humbug" in Ukrainian?

asal said...

WoW 2 xmas turkeys and more?! Sounds like party time, but what happens the rest of the year in Ukrane... I wonder?

mc said...

Well, it's a great way to avoid the post-Christmas anti-climax. It's not over since after Christmas there's another Christmas.
Unless it doubles it??

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dan said...

What are you complaining about? Two christmas' are great! You get twice the amount of food, twice the amount of alcohol, and ... wait ... Ha! You don't! ;-)

I do, and have done my whole life. :-)