Friday, January 21, 2005

My Blog Role of Honour

Since I have been blogging for a while now and have still not been able to sort my blog page out for one reason or another, mainly because:

a) It’s practically impossible to get access to the computer at home because of the two teenage boys welded to the darn thing.
b) My lack of website design expertise.

It is time that I listed my blog roll of honour. Many of my fellow bloggers have been kind enough to add my site as links on their own site and have often made some kind comments about my writing. I am pleased, as we all are, to get comments from our fellow writers and its time that I returned the compliment in some small way until I can sort my page out.

It seems to me that many bloggers sort of fall into two categories, those of us who while away the working hours by blogging, the constant tap tap tapping of our keyboards lulling our bosses into that false sense of security where they think we are working. God help us if they came and looked over our shoulders. And the others who blog from home, these are obviously singles and don’t have teenagers blocking the super highway!

So my role of honour:

The first thing I do is check out a few blogs for my morning guffaw!

Watski’s World is always fun and is usually the first one I check out in the morning, like most of us, sometimes he’s posted sometimes not. But usually most days there’s a great posting.

Then down to the Antipodes for The Hard Word. These are the adventures of an ex-pat Northern Irelander in Australia. Usually hilarious and if you ask me with way too many adoring female fans to whom Ian panders endlessly.

Then Back to Norfolk to the slightly surreal life of JonnyB’s private secret diary. He claims its all true and maybe it is – but who else would want to live in Norfolk apart that is from Bernard Matthews and his Turkeys.

For a bit of Grit and the hectic Life of a Musician, Mike Da Hat gives us a warts and all blog of his life, sometimes funny sometimes sad, but funny or sad it’s a good read and there’s always the inevitable tune on the ipod, he likes to keep us music buffs up to speed.

And then in no particular order:

Gemmaks’ blogs – life and stuff in Scotland

Bacon and Eh’s: A Canadian Perspective, sunny side up! This is a great blog, loads of interesting and loony links and an award winner too!

Sister Sunshines Diary is fun too and I enjoy popping into this one occasionally

MasaMania is a totally demented Japanese guy who runs this crazy photoblog of Japanese life. He documents all the wacky stuff that goes on there, its brilliant, go see it.

Does This Mean I’m a Grownup documents Catts life as an American mum or is that mom. Its funny, read it. She blogs most days.

Incestuous Amplification is always good for a laugh too, she’s got a good thing going now with the dead pool, join in, its fun.


There are others that I dip in and out of but for now this is my main role of honour if Ive left some out Im sorry. No doubt that I will add more and will eventually get to adding links to my own page.

So thank you all again for you comments on my writing and for visiting my page and I hope you too find something funny or interesting in the list above.




3 comments:

Cattiva said...

Awww...how sweet!

And please...if you ever figure out how to unweld a teenage boy from the computer, PLEASE email me the secret. After you patent it, of course, because that one would make you a VERY rich man indeed!

kink_gurl said...

Eyy.. doc! Want help with the links? I can teach you how to do it if you want. Can probably email you something you can just copy and paste on your sidebar menu...

gemmak said...

Oooooo...I got a mention, thanks Doc :o) .....and yes, I blog from home and you are right....no kids! Heaven forbid, heh.