Friday, July 01, 2005

ME STRESSED - NAH! wibble.....

OK so I haven’t been servicing this blog as I ought to have, but a combination of things have been drawing my attention away from the blogging task. Of course I have been contributing to Big Blogger 2005 and seemingly staying in there by default, hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I have technically lost yet another vote, but remain in the house on a technicality, i.e. two other have bailed out on their own and thus leaving me there by default.

I admit that I had fallen on my own sword as I didn’t think that I would have time to blog as I am in the middle of a project at work which means being not only away from my desk, but being away from home, so I thought I would not have time to blog, or post a final blog, so I thought that I could get beamed out and have some fun. But best laid plans and all that….

Anyway I am back in and no doubt will have to face a third vote. Maybe some of those anonymous bloggers who vote against me, could actually break their silence and tell me what is the problem – Its Big Blogger and I blog, the rules do not disallow it. Come on lurkers I dare you to tell me, I won’t be upset or anything, honest. It’s a game right?

What gets me more annoyed is people not doing what they both say they will do and are actually paid to do.

Over the last few days I have been driving here and there across the country doing my job. On Wednesday I drove for 4 hours, did my work, drove back, picked up a colleague in Sunny Plymouth and then had to drive to Chelmsford another 6 hour drive, so that we could attend an event there at 9 am the next morning. Spent a night in a hotel, got to the event on time and raring to go, only to be told by the organiser that we did not have permission to be there and that we could not do what we wanted to do (a spot of market research). So we had to turn around and drive the 6 hours back to sunny Plymouth.

Were we pissed, (emotionally not alcoholically) of course, the person whose responsibility it was to get that permission, had told us, everything was OK! And when we phoned her, she just said, O well come home’.

I had been driving and sat in my car for over 15 hours the previous day and now we had at least a nother 6 hours drive home, in the event it was 8 hours, we had to use the M25!.

There’s a good old adage which really does work, If you want something doing well, do it yourself!

And when I ask for more money, they always say well you’re at the top of your scale and you’d need more responsibility before we can pay you more – WELL GIVE ME THE RESPONSIBILITY OF DOING ALL THE THINGS I HAVE TO DO BECAUSE THE OTHER MANAGERS ALWAYS SEEM TO FUCK IT UP AND IT ALWAYS IMPACTS UPON WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO!

Phew got that off my chest didn’t I.

Stressed me nah – where’s the vallium!

No comments: