Monday, October 04, 2004

Peaked and Blocked

Peaked!

Oh no! Three blogs in and I think I’ve peaked; maybe I’ve even got Bloggers Block! Where has it all gone wrong? I mean it seems like this is the story of my life! I seem to have peaked too early in every aspect of my life.

Well of course not every aspect, I mean come on ladies stop sniggering, I am more than happy in that department thank you so much. Never had any complaints there! Never needed those little blue tabs if you get my drift! Never had to count down from 100 or think about the English cricket team. I’ll stop now because in the words of the great African Playwright Will Shaka Spear (I misquote) methinks I dost protest too much!

Now in the general area of women, I think I have also peaked too early and thus got blocked. I have been married three times and divorced twice. I think Oscar Wilde would say something like to lose one wife may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness. I try hard really I do. Now the current wife is fine, a wonderful woman, but I can’t help feeling that perhaps if I’d held out just a little longer I might have got me a pop star like Beyonce, even Kylie, at the least a minor celeb that would be happy at home with me in Sunny Devon rather than having to go charging all over London just to get their photo taken showing their knickers. There is, after all, a photo machine in the Post Office in Okehampton! You see peaked to early and now blocked!


It’s the same with my job. I once had a great job in Brighton. Happening place, happening job. But it soon also became the wrong place at the wrong time, I’d peaked! I do believe that if I had stayed there I would now be the director of the place earning zillions of pounds, be married to Beyonce live in a big house on the sea front and be friends with Fat Boy and whatever his wife is called. But no now I sit in my office diddling with the computer and sighing loud sighs, but unfortunately there’s no one to hear them.

I did do the three peaks once but that’s an aside!


So have I peaked! I’ve been thinking about this all weekend. I had my 5 year old daughter home with me, thank goodness I didn’t get blocked where she was concerned (see second para above). She is, I guess, the peak of all my performances and makes me quite glad that I don’t live in Brighton earning zillions of pounds dragging an ungrateful Beyonce or Kylie around waiting all those three minutes for the photos to be developed. I mean get a grip!

No I much prefer it in Sunny Devon (a bit rainy Devon this weekend) with Matty doing a spot of sheep worrying by shouting ‘Mint Sauce’ at the sheep! Or showing her what jewels you can find when you open the prickly skin of a conker. Or just having a cuddle. Timmy understands this also (gratuitous name check) as he has a daughter too.


1 comment:

kissme said...

I'm sure you have neither peaked nor blocked. You just need something to loosen you up.

May I suggest vodka, a violent roller-coaster or senakot all can help - obvioulsy not all at the same time.

(Why do you have to do a timeshite?)